What data do we collect?
In the context of providing you with assistance in relation to your investment, mortgage, pension and insurance requirements, AMG Wealth Solutions may collect the following data:
- Personal data – Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, addresses and documents that are necessary to verify your identity
- Employment and remuneration information, (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/other benefits), employment history
- Bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure, family circumstances and details of dependents
- Health status and history, details of treatment and prognosis, medical reports (further details are provided below specifically with regard to the processing we may undertake in relation to this type of information)
- Any pre-existing Investment, Mortgage, Pension and Insurance products and the terms and conditions relating to these
How do we collect your personal data?
We will collect and record Your Personal Data from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information during the course of our initial meetings or conversations with you to establish your circumstances and needs and preferences in relation to Investment, Mortgage, Pension and Insurance. You will provide information to us verbally and in writing, including email.
We may also obtain some information from third parties, for example, credit checks, information from your employer, and searches of information in the public domain such as the voters roll. If we use technology solutions to assist in the collection of Your Personal Data for example software that is able to verify your credit status. We will only do this if we have consent from you for us or our nominated processor to access your information in this manner. With regards to electronic ID checks we would not require your consent but will inform you of how such software operates and the purpose for which it is used.
How will we use your data?
AMG Wealth Solutions collects your data so that we can when we speak with you about your investment, mortgage, pension and insurance requirements we do so on the basis that both parties are entering a contract for the supply of services. In order to perform that contract, and to arrange the products you require, we have the right to use your personal data for the purpose of providing you with our professional services.
Also, from time to time Your Personal Data will be shared with Investment Providers, Mortgage lenders, Pension providers and insurance providers
Third parties who we believe will be able to assist us with your enquiry or application, or who are able to support your needs as identified. These third parties will include but may not be limited to, our Compliance Advisers, Product specialists, estate agents, providers of legal services such as estate planners, conveyancing, surveyors and valuers (in each case where we believe this to be required due to your particular circumstances).
In each case, your Personal Data will only be shared for the purposes set out in this customer privacy notice, i.e. to progress your Investment, Mortgage, Pension and Insurance enquiry and to provide you with our professional services.
Please note that this sharing of Your Personal Data does not entitle such third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages: it is shared to ensure we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Customer Privacy Notice.
We do not envisage that our service will involve Your Personal Data being transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
How do we store your data?
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
Record and store Your Personal Data in our paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our Firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service.
Submit Your Personal Data to Product Providers/Mortgage Lenders/Commercial Lenders and/or Insurance Product providers both in paper form and on-line via a secure portal. The provision of this information to a third party is essential in allowing us to progress any enquiry or application made on your behalf and to deal with any additional questions or administrative issues that lenders and providers may raise.
Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any Investment, Mortgage, Pension and Insurance you may take out, or to inform you of any developments in relation to those products and/or polices of which we might become aware.
What are your data protection rights?
AMG Wealth Solutions would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. You are entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have to right the request copies of your personal data
- The right to rectification – You have to right to request that AMG Wealth Solutions correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that AMG Wealth Solutions complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that AMG Wealth Solutions restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to AMG Wealth Solutions processing your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 02920 616066
- Write to us: AMG Wealth Solutions, 7 Heol-Y-Deri, Rhiwbina, Cardiff, CF14 6HA
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.